Ha Long Bay, Viet Nam

Monday, August 19, 2013

GIEU 2013- beyond a trip

It has been over a month since GIEU ended. I have learnt so much from the trip.

One of my friends said: I will not spend money on traveling to any part of Vietnam anymore, because I have done enough. Experience with GIEU could prove her wrong. I have found out that I had missed many beautiful places, which would teach me a lot about my country, and the history. I can never forget the days on which we visited Hien Luong Bridge and Renew Project in Quang Tri and Cao Dai temple in Ho Chi Minh City.

Renew Project

Cao Dai , a unique religion in Vietnam


GIEU also marked the first time I did the physical work. It was hard but happy in the end to see our effort on the completed house. The workers taught me a lot about the skill to do the smallest thing. I truly respected them and I think that their job is really worth appreciated.
The cement set of table and chair & the lesson of mixing cement
happy with our work done

paint the wall


GIEU is an amazing experience to meet amazing people. I am glad to share this experience with everyone.

It was great for me to spend my last student time with GIEU, from the North to the South of Vietnam, experiencing live of all, a student, a worker and a tourist. 
Truc, our funny tour guide, our Wikipedia, our food expert...
I cannot list all. It was lucky to be your tourist. :) 

 GIEU Site leader, Thuy Anh and Thuy Anh's Angels. You made GIEU memorable to me <3

Emily- the inspiring spirit of the group


It was fun to me to join the trip. 
We all made jokes and talked a lot about the foods, the souvenirs and shared about the cultures. 
Look at the Wonder Girls!

Working together

Visiting together


Eating together
Beach times


I will miss it when we got up (not so) early in the morning, rushing for breakfast to get on the bus. I will miss when we stood under the sun to take group pictures. I will miss Truc saying about a food, explaining a place and guiding us with his ipad. I will miss our debrief sessions after dinner every day, when everyone shared about their feelings, then Thuy Anh and Emily told the plan the next day. I will miss when we walked and crossed the streets, having coffee and ice cream and foods and drinks together. I am writing this and miss everyone a lot. I will miss all these memories in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment